Coronavirus Office Policies.
Helping to protect your health and the health of the community as we finish your tax returns.
Our top Priority at Marla Johnson CPA is to serve our clients well. Our care extends beyond our tax and bookkeeping service. We also care deeply about your health and well-being and the health of our whole community. In light of the current COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, we want to inform you of our current policies to help protect your health, our health, and the health of the community.
- If any of our employees feel sick or have a temperature, we will not come in to work. We do not want to risk infecting you or anyone else. We have a backup plan in place if we must work remotely.
- We ask you to do the same. If you have any symptoms such as a cough, fever, or anything else, PLEASE DO NOT come in for your appointment or to sign your documents.
- Please be aware that we have the ability to send and receive tax documents securely through our ShareFile Portal. If your taxes are already in progress, we can upload the finished return to you securely for you to review and sign. You can also upload documents securely to us—even signature documents for e-file. As you follow the social distancing guideline, we can finish your return and have you sign documents through the portal without stepping foot in our office. Please let us know if you would like to use that option. If you have questions or concerns about the portal or need another option, please call our office at 402-643-2333.
- If you have any apprehension about being out and about, feel free to cancel your appointment. In addition to the ShareFile portal, you can also send your documents via mail or have someone else do pick up and drop off for you. We are very willing to work with you if you want / need to avoid all contact for health reasons.
- We will continue to monitor briefings from the federal government, local government, and other local leaders in the health field. If more drastic measures need to be taken, we will update you.
- You may have heard that there are discussions of the IRS waiving late filing penalties for health reasons. Nothing has been decided yet, but we will let you know if anything becomes official.
We will continue to work hard to get all of your bookkeeping and tax filings done by the April 15 deadline. We pray that you stay safe and healthy during this time.
Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns. 402-643-2333